|This article is a stub.|
Halo is the name given to an unlikely film based on the popular best-selling franchise of the same name.
Anouncement == In 2005, a script for a film adaptation of Halo was written by Alex Garland—which D. B. Weiss and Josh Olson rewrote during 2006—for a 2008 release. The movie was to be developed and released by 20th Century Fox, under the creative oversight of Microsoft. Peter Jackson was slated to be the executive producer, with Neill Blomkamp as director. Before Blomkamp signed on, Guillermo del Toro was in negotiations to direct. The crew has stopped and resumed preproduction of the film several times; Blomkamp declared the project dead in late 2007, but Jackson stated the film will still be made. Blomkamp commented the Master Chief worked from a video gamer's perspective, but dramatically does not hold much weight because of his faceless nature. The character as depicted in the film would have been "the most important supporting cast member". Instead, "other characters around him [...] did most of the emotional heavy lifting", with their story exploring their perception of the Master Chief. After Jackson's project stalled, Stuart Beattie wrote a film adaptation of The Fall of Reach, complete with concept art.
The film's status is currently in development hell, and is unlikely to see the light of day. It is majorly possible that the film may remain "stone-dead" forever, as it was being produced by two companies that don't get along very well, Universal and Fox Studios.
- ↑ Linder, Brian (2005-02-03). "Halo Goes Hollywood". IGN. Retrieved on 2006-09-09.
- ↑ "GameSetInterview: Halo Screenwriter DB Weiss", GameSetWatch.com (2006-07-13). Retrieved on 1 October 2006.
- ↑ Fritz, Ben (2006-10-31). "No home for 'Halo' pic". Variety. Retrieved on 2007-10-20.
- ↑ "Peter Jackson to Executive Produce Halo Movie". Xbox.com. Retrieved on 2006-09-09.
- ↑ Staten, Joseph. "The Great Hollywood Journey, Part II". Bungie. Archived from the original on 2005-10-25. Retrieved on 2006-09-09.
- ↑ Chris Hewitt (2008-02-08). "Guillermo Del Toro Talks The Hobbit", Empire. Retrieved on 8 February 2008.
- ↑ Thorsen, Tor (2006-10-31). "Halo movie indefinitely postponed". GameSpot. Retrieved on 2007-03-13.
- ↑ Farrell, Nick (2007-10-09). "Halo movie canned". The Inquirer. Retrieved on 2008-05-30.
- ↑ Robinson, Andy (2007-10-29). "Q&A: MS "already in talks" to continue Halo film". Computer and Video Games. Retrieved on 2007-10-30.
- ↑ N'Gai Croal (2008-01-15). "Exclusive: And The Winner For Best Supporting Actor Is...As Master Chief? Bungie Writing Director Joseph Staten Gives Level Up Some Insight Into The Stalled Halo Movie", Newsweek. Retrieved on 19 January 2008. Archived from the original on 7 September 2008.
- ↑ "All-new Halo movie concept art", Total Film (2008-09-03). Retrieved on 16 December 2008.