Halo 3 Achievements
This is a list of Halo 3 Achievements. There are a total of 49 original achievements that were shipped with the game, worth a total of 1000 Gamerscore (GS), with another 30 DLC (Downloadable Content) achievements worth 750 GS. Some achievements unlock certain armor permutations.
|Landfall||Finish the first mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||20|
|Holdout||Finish the second mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||20|
|The Road||Finish the third mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||20|
|Assault||Finish the fourth mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||30|
|Cleansing||Finish the fifth mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||30|
|Refuge||Finish the sixth mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||30|
|Last Stand||Finish the seventh mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||40|
|The Key||Finish the eighth mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||40|
|Return||Finish the final mission of the Campaign on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary.||50|
|Campaign Complete: Normal||Finish the Campaign on Normal.||125|
|Campaign Complete: Heroic|| Finish the Campaign on Heroic|
(unlocks achievement for Normal, if not earned).
|Campaign Complete: Legendary|| Finish the Campaign on Legendary|
(unlocks achievement for Normal and Heroic, if not earned).
|Iron||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Black Eye||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Tough Luck||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Catch||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Fog||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Famine||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Thunderstorm||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Tilt||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Mythic||Find and claim this skull.||10|
|Marathon Man||Locate and access all 7 Terminals in the Campaign.||40|
|Guerilla||Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the first mission.||10|
|Demon||Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the second mission.||10|
|Cavalier||Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the third mission.||10|
|Askar||Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the fourth mission.||10|
|Exterminator||Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the fifth mission.||10|
|Ranger||Score over 50,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the sixth mission.||10|
|Vanguard||Score over 50,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the seventh mission.||10|
|Orpheus||Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the eighth mission.||10|
|Reclaimer||Score over 15,000 points in the Campaign meta-game on the final mission.||10|
|Graduate||Earn 5 EXP or finish 10 games to complete the requirements for Basic Training (Online).||10|
|UNSC Spartan||Earn your Sergeant rating to be recognized as a true Spartan (Online-20 exp).||15|
|Spartan Officer||Advance to the Spartan Officer ranks (Online-70 exp).||25|
|Achievements - Multiplayer Only|
|Two for One||Score a Double Kill with a single spartan laser shot in a ranked free for all playlist. (Online).||5|
|Triple Kill||Kill 3 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).||5|
|Overkill||Kill 4 enemies within 4 seconds of one another in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).||5|
|Lee R Wilson Memorial||Score 5 grenade sticks in any ranked free for all playlist (Online).||5|
|Killing Frenzy||Kill 10 enemies without dying in any ranked free for all playlist (Online).||5|
|Steppin' Razor||Score a Triple Kill with the sword in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).||5|
|Mongoose Mowdown||Splatter an enemy with the mongoose in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).||5|
|Up Close and Personal||Kill 5 enemies by melee or assassination in a ranked free for all playlist (Online).||5|
|MVP||Earn the MVP by scoring the most points in any ranked playlist (Online).||5|
|Maybe Next Time Buddy||Board the same vehicle within 10 seconds after being boarded in any free for all playlist (Online).||5|
|Achievements - Multiplayer or Campaign|
|Too Close to the Sun||Destroy an enemy Banshee with the Spartan Laser or Missile Pod in a ranked playlist or in campaign.||5|
|We're in for some Chop||Destroy an enemy vehicle with an equipment in a ranked playlist or in campaign.||5|
|Fear the Pink Mist||Kill 5 enemies with the Needler in a ranked free for all playlist or in campaign without dying.||5|
|Headshot Honcho||Kill 10 enemies with headshots in a ranked free for all playlist or in campaign.||5|
|Used Car Salesman||Destroy a vehicle that has three or more enemies in it in a ranked playlist or in campaign.||5|
An additional 30 achievements, totaling 750 GS, were leaked at PAX 08. All 30 of these, worth of 750 GS, were added in Title Update 2, however, only 23 can currently be unlocked (leaving the remaining 7 to be unlocked alongside the release of the 2nd part of the Mythic Map pack, with Halo 3: ODST.)
Note: The achievements in italics are impossible to gain until the publication of the 2nd part of the Mythic Map Pack, with Halo 3: ODST.
|Vidmaster Challenge: Annual||Complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE Co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.||0|
|Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7||Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.*||0|
|Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch||Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.||0|
|Vidmaster Challenge: Brainpan||Find all the hidden skulls on the mythic maps.||25|
|Citadel Skull||On Citadel, find the hidden skull.||25|
|Assembly Skull||On Assembly, find the hidden skull.||25|
|Sandbox Skull||On Sandbox, find the hidden skull.||25|
|Heretic Skull||On Heretic, find the hidden skull.||25|
|Longshore Skull||On Longshore, find the hidden skull.||25|
|Orbital Skull||On Orbital, find the hidden skull.||25|
|Ghost Patrol||On Longshore, get 3 kills with a Ghost during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Blades of Fury||On Heretic, get a Sword Spree during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Pull||On Citadel, get a Shotgun Spree during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Hammer Time||On Assembly, get 5 Hammer kills in any ranked or social match.||25|
|Post Mortem||On Orbital, get 2 Death From the Grave medals during any ranked or social match.||25|
|... Get the Horns||On a Mythic map, get a Bulltrue medal during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Awww, Too Bad||On a Mythic map, get a Killjoy medal during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Killtacular||On a Mythic map, get a Killtacular during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Have Fun Respawning||On a Mythic map, get an Extermination during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Save This Film||On a Mythic map, get a Perfection medal during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Delicious Brains||On a Mythic map, Infect 2 humans during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Zombie Repeller||Mythic map, kill 2 Zombies during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Tank Dropper||On any Mythic map, get a kill on another player while in monitor mode.||25|
|Road Rage||On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Flag Dropped||On a Legendary map, get 2 Flag Carrier kills during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Alas, Poor Yorick||On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball Melee kills during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Double Double||On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.||25|
|Look Both Ways||On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.||50|
|Defend This||On a Legendary map, get a Flag Melee kill during any ranked or social match.||50|
|Came... From... Behind||On a Legendary map, get 3 Assassinations during any ranked or social match.||50|
*Bungie later announced in a weekly update that, to receive this achievement, you actually have to reach 7 EXP on the 7th of any month, not enter with 7 EXP.
- Unlocking at least 49 achievements and 1000 gamerpoints gives the Security helmet and Katana body in multiplayer.
- Finding all skulls unlocks the Hayabusa Armor.
- "Marathon Man" refers to Bungie's Marathon series, where interactive computer terminals were plentiful.
- The name of the "Askar" achievement is actually in Bahasa Melayu (the formal language in Malaysia) and the meaning is "soldier". Also in Swahili (the official language of Kenya and Tanzania), the word "askari" can mean soldier or policeman. Similarly, in Pashto/Pashtu/Pushtu/Pakhto (representative of dialectal differences in pronunciation) Asgar can mean soldier, or more generally a member of any armed force. (Pashto is one of two official languages of Afghanistan, and is also spoken in the tribal region of Northern Pakistan.)
- Originally, there were 49 total achievements. 49 is equal to 7 times 7, which is another seven reference in the Halo series. There are 30 total new achievements, taking the total Halo 3 achievements count up to 79 with 7 + 9 = 16, and 1 + 6 = 7. With 59 achievements after AU2, 5 + 9 = 14 = 2 * 7.
- Out of the original 49 achievements, the online-only achievements (except better luck next time buddy and MVP) were only obtainable in the playlists Lone Wolves and Head to Head. Occasionally Double EXP Weekend playlists do have Ranked FFA playlist(s) as well, like: Legendary Brawl. The new achievements added with AU2 are obtainable in both ranked and social playlists, providing it is on the required map(s).
- Some players have been known to use the language glitch for the Halo 3 online achievements, and this is considered boosting and frowned upon by most Halo gamers.
- The UNSC Spartan Achievement, which you receive for reaching sergeant status online, has been known not to unlock for some people regardless of rank. This was later investigated by Bungie and was found that this is because their consoles are turned off before actually receiving the achievement. It should also be noted that, with the new EXP system, the achievement can be obtained through reaching UNSC Spartan level on a playlist. This still, unfortunately, will not unlock the UNSC Spartan pin on a player's global service record.
- The "Vidmaster Challenges" were from Bungie's Marathon series, where players who wished to prove they were the absolute best had to complete insane challenges such as playing through the game without the use of health items, with only fists, on the highest difficulty setting. Those that succeeded made videos to mark their achievement, thus spawning the term "Vidmaster". Recent rumor about the December issue of Game Informer suggests that when you buy Halo 3: ODST and have all Vidmaster Challenges completed then Recon armor will be unlocked in Halo 3 multiplayer. This was confirmed in a bungie weekly update.
- Legendary map achievements can be obtained on a Mythic map, making them much easier to be staged because of how Team Mythic works.
- ↑ Bungie.net Halo 3 Service Record
- ↑ http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.u?id=196476