| This article is a bit messy!
This article needs to be cleaned up. Please help Xbox Wiki by checking spelling, grammar and editing other helpful things to make the article look better.
SpongeBob HeroPants is a video game created by Activision for the Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita. The game is based on the film The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. It was released on February 3, 2015 in North America and on March 26, 2015 in the United Kingdom.
- Tom Kenny - [SpongeBob SquarePants ]/Invincibubble
- Bill Fagerbakke - Patrick Star/Mr. Superawesomeness/Patrickosaurus
- Rodger Bumpass - Squidward Tentacles/Sour Note
- Clancy Brown - Eugene H. Krabs/Sir Pinch-a-Lot
- Carolyn Lawrence - Sandy Cheeks/The Rodent
- Doug Lawrence - Sheldon J. Plankton/Plank-Ton
- Jeff Bennett - Bubbles
SpongeBob walks to the Krusty Krab and thinks he's going have a "normal" day at work. Later, SpongeBob opens the front door of Krusty Krab and then notices that Sandy and Patrick are coming along, too. When Patrick, SpongeBob, and Sandy enter the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs, Plankton, and Squidward are getting chased around by random objects and SpongeBob states things are going not normal at all. SpongeBob thinks it's Plankton causing this, but suddenly, Bubbles the Talking Dolphin comes out of a space triangle and tells SpongeBob and his friends about someone using the page of a book to make weird things happen. He then holds up a feather which suddenly gives SpongeBob and his friends temporarily superhero powers that can save Bikini Bottom from a mysterious group of enemies someone created.
After tangling with Plankton's Giant Robot and Squidasaurus Rex, SpongeBob and his friends discover that SpongeBob is the one who caused the not normal events, judging by the handwriting. Plankton then writes on the page, having him, SpongeBob and the others to enter SpongeBob's mind to get the last page and wake SpongeBob up. After the last page is collected, the gang exits SpongeBob's mind and begins to celebrate. Bubbles then appears again to get the collected pages and depending on the amount of pages that have been collected in the game, one of the two alternate endings is shown.
SpongeBob’s dreams are coming to life, altering the very fabric of space and time. Players progress through alternate manifestations of Bikini Bottom as they attempt to repair SpongeBob’s mind. To restore order, players need to employ the unique superpowers of six playable characters - SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton - to solve challenges, battle enemies, and unlock new areas. In addition to platforming combat and exploration, the game features puzzles, boss battles, upgradable skillsets, and a plethora of hidden items to discover.
There are fifteen levels in total, four each consisting in three different worlds:
- War Zone
- Dream Land
- Money: Can be used to upgrade characters
- Memorobilia: Golden statues that are hidden throughout the game
- Pages: Pages from the Magic Book. The amount of pages collected will affect the game's ending.
- Nasty Patty: Used for throwing at enemies.
- Stinky Bubble
- Sea Urchin
- Magic Spatula
- Magic Krabby Patty
- Prehistoric Krabby Patty
- Prehistoric Spatula
- Pie Bomb
- Tartar Radar
- Red Plankton-Bot
- Black Plankton-Bot
- Pickle Tank
- Dream Gum Ball
- Dream Lollipop
- Dream Gumball Machine
- Plankton's Tank Robot (Boss Battle)
- Squidasaurus Rex
The music is taken directly taken from the TV show and Plankton's Robotic Revenge. However, there's one soundtrack in the game (which plays in the level right before the Squidasaurus Rex chase) that has not been used in the TV series or Plankton's Robotic Revenge.
- Moloka'i Nui A (Menu & Credits)
- Hula Festival
- Hawaiian Holiday
- Tiki Rapido
- Bikini Dance
- Tiki March
- You're All I Desire
- Hawaii Hawaii
- Kai Kai
- Allons A Tahiti
- Aka Aka
- My Ohana
- Wave Running
- Cosmic Kitsch
- Fun Pursuit
- Chasing Burger Beard
Some critics have criticized the game calling more of a remake/sequel to Plankton's Robotic Revenge seeing as designs and music are not much different. Because of this, critics have not given this game much of a higher rating than Plankton's Robotic Revenge. Template:Citation needed Likewise with Plankton's Robotic Revenge, the game did not sell well with 20,000 copies sold for the Xbox 360 , and 10,000 sold for the Nintendo 3DS and the PlayStation Vita.
While the reception for the game was negative, it was nominated for the "Favorite Video Game" award at the 2016 Kid's Choice Awards. This makes it the 3rd time that a SpongeBob video game has been in the award show, with Battle for Bikini Bottom in Template:Time and Creature from the Krusty Krab in Template:Time appearing beforehand. In addition to this, it is the 1st time that a SpongeBob video game has not won in the award show.
- This is the first SpongeBob SquarePants game on the PlayStation Vita portable console by Sony.
- This is the second SpongeBob SquarePants video game made by Activision after THQ shut down. The first was Plankton's Robotic Revenge."
- The Xbox 360 version has a total amount of 20 achievements, each one worth 50 Gamerscore, while the PlayStation Vita version has 19 trophies.
- There are a few differences between the achievements and trophies. The "Scrap Metal" trophy uses the same icon as the "Can" achievement, "Can" is renamed "Can't Get Better Than This" and while 2 co-op related achievements are omitted, a trophy named "The Real Hero" is included.
- The 3DS version only has 12 levels.
- While the Nintendo 3DS lacks an achievement system that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita have, the achievements can still be earned in the game.
- The artwork and logo resembles some of the artwork and the logo of the second movie.
- Patar is referenced by Patrick in the Prehistory section of the game. The line that references him is "Maybe we'll see Patar here! He's my ancient ancestor! He must be really old now..."
- The loading screen on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita versions have a big resemblance to the Battle for Bikini Bottom's loading screen.
- Some buildings, like the Shady Shoals Rest Home and The Krusty Krab, can be seen in the War Zone's background.
- The game's ending can be different depending on the number of book pages found. There 2 endings to this game.
- 1st ending: If the player has not collected all the book pages, Bubbles gives the gang Plankton's time machine so they can retrieve the last few pages. Then Patrickosaurus comes and tries to eat SpongeBob and friends, but they escape in Plankton's time machine.
- 2nd ending: If the player has found all of the book pages, Bubbles the Talking Dolphin shows SpongeBob and friends his break dance.
- According to the credits, the game was written by Derek Iversen.
- On January 6, 2015, a trailer for this game was released (see below).
- On February 3, 2015, a second trailer for this game was released (see below).
- This game was released ten years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in the Netherlands.
- As of April 2016, this game and Plankton's Robotic Revenge have been removed from Xbox Live, PlayStation Store and Nintendo eShop.
- This takes place after The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water because SpongeBob and his friends already know who Bubbles the Talking Dolphin is.
- This takes place after "Help Wanted" because SpongeBob knows Mr. Krabs.
- This takes place after "Tea at the Treedome" because SpongeBob knows Sandy.
- ↑ http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=239765
- ↑ http://www.thevitalounge.net/activision-has-a-new-spongebob-game-coming-to-vita/
- ↑ https://blog.activision.com/community/games-blog/more-games/blog/2015/01/06/introducing-spongebob-heropants-arriving-february-3
- ↑ http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85032/spongebob-heropants/