| This article is a bit messy!
This article needs to be cleaned up. Please help Xbox Wiki by checking spelling, grammar and editing other helpful things to make the article look better.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge is a Template:SBSP video game published by Activision and developed by Behaviour Interactive. The game was released on Template:Time, Template:Time and is a 3D graphic game.
- Tom Kenny as SpongeBob SquarePants
- Bill Fagerbakke as Patrick Star/Clem
- Clancy Brown as Eugene H. Krabs
- Carolyn Lawrence as Sandy Cheeks
- Rodger Bumpass as Squidward Tentacles
- Doug Lawrence as Sheldon J. Plankton
- Jill Talley as Karen Plankton/Rainchild
A cargo ship drops batteries into the ocean. Plankton finds them and uses them to power his giant robot and robot army and takes the safe with the Krabby Patty secret formula. He also takes the map to the key and the two copies of it that opens the safe. SpongeBob and his friends have to stop him, defeat his robot minions and family members, retrieve the batteries, and find the three keys before he does to get the formula back.
GameplayThis game is a third-person co-op shooter, similar to Brute Force. Players can buy and upgrade weapons on some places using a gizmo. The game features a four-player co-op game, whilst the Wii U version will allow for an additional fifth player when using a GamePad with four other controllers. Portable versions are only played with a single player.
PS3/Wii/Xbox 360/Wii U
- Melee Attack
- Ground Slam
- Super Power (Only works when the Pink bar is full)
- Dutchman's Triangle
- Rock Bottom
- Stonefish Street
- Barracuda Boulevard
- Anemone Avenue
- Leviathan Way
- Clem (boss)
- Bikini Bottom
- Plankton's Giant Robot Suit (Boss)
- Rainchild robot suit (Boss)
- Clem robot suit (Boss)
- Scout: A tiny, round robot that just wanders around aimlessly.
- Super Scout: A larger version of the Scout which is more aggressive and actively chases after the player(s).
- Turret: Is unable to move, but can shoot lasers.
- Mortar: Shoots bombs instead of lasers.
- Buzzbot: A buzz saw protrudes from the Buzzbot's body, deflecting all melee and gadget attacks as it charges towards the player(s). The only way to defeat one is to ground-pound the green button on its head.
- Rocket-Bot: Will attack by trying to ram into the player(s) at a very high speed, but becomes dizzy after the attack. The ram attack can be dodged by jumping over the Rocket-Bot.
- Landmine: Landmines are stationary enemies that self-destruct if you step inside the red circle around them.
- Floating Mine: Floating Mines float in the air, and only explode if a player makes direct contact with them.
- Tar Cannon: Instead of lasers, shoots sticky tar that can trap the player(s).
- Electrobot: Electrobots are basically Super Scouts whose bodies are electrified, so they can't be touched at all or else the player will receive damage.
- Buzzgunner: Basically a Buzzbot that is armed with guns as well as a buzz saw, so it is able to fire lasers as it chases after the player(s).
Plankton's Robotic Revenge received mixed to negative reviews from critics. According to the aggregating review website, GameRankings gave the PS3 version 42.50%, the Wii U version 40.00%, and the 3DS version 60.00%. While the game was panned for it's slowly developed gameplay, the return of the original voice actors were praised.
Plankton's Robotic Revenge was not a great success, with 421,000 copies sold across all platforms, so far.Template:Citation needed
- This is the first game that has a rating other than E for "Everyone." This time, it is suitable for "Everyone 10 and up."
- However, only the DS version has a rating of E for "Everyone."
- This is the first SpongeBob game available for Template:W and Template:W.
- This is the first SpongeBob/Nick game to be made by Activision.
- The DS version has only 4 gizmos instead of 7.
- This is the second SpongeBob game to have [Sandy ] on a game cover. The first being Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island in the UK.
- This is the first SpongeBob game that one can play as [Mr. Krabs ] and [Squidward ] in a console fighting game. Although, one could consider Squidward being used by Sandy in the SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis level, Squidward Super Shooter, as counting as him being played in a console fighting game.
- On one of the Bikini Bottom levels, Squidward says "Mr. Tentacles has all the talent," a reference to the episode "Artist Unknown."
- The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions have trophies and achievements which be earned by completing certain tasks. For more details, go to these links: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/spongebob-squarepants-planktons-robotic-revenge/guide/
- This is one of the only SpongeBob games to have all of the correct voice actors.
- In the level Conch Street street, if the player looks down of a hill before getting chased by Plankton's robot on the last bridge, you'll find SpongeBob's, Patrick's, and Squidward's houses.
- In one of the levels, one of the robots will be nice and not shoot you. This may just be a glitch though.
- In the DS version, the player does not get chased by Plankton on the bridge.
- The game says that Conch Street is near the Krusty Krab.
- Karen does not make a physical appearance in this game, but she is heard speaking on the menu screen and in the game's intro.
- One of the gizmos in the game is the Exploding Pie Launcher. This may be a reference to the Exploding Pie from the episode "Dying for Pie."
- This game was released three years after SpongeBob Marbles & Slides was updated for the first time.
- This game was released in Europe nine years after the premiere of "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" and "Pranks a Lot."
- As of April 2016, this game and SpongeBob HeroPants have been removed from Xbox Live, PlayStation Store and Nintendo eShop.
- This takes place after "Rock Bottom" because SpongeBob knows where it is.
- This takes place after "Help Wanted" because SpongeBob knows Mr. Krabs.
- This takes place after "Tea at the Treedome" because SpongeBob knows Sandy.
- This takes place after "Plankton's Army" because Plankton knows his cousins well.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found